Business Risk Manager
Business management, administration and support, Outsourcing / Offshoring, Process, project and program management, Risk
Job Reference #
Are you detail oriented? Do you know how to manage time constraints and get things done? Do you function well independently as well as part of a larger team? Do you want to learn more about our outsourcing, nearshoring /offshoring initiation, approval, transition and maintenance process? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• Coordinate UBS internal Outsourcing, Nearshoring & Offshoring (ONO) initiatives
• Work with our Lead Risk Advisors and the functions to ensure all third party initiatives are in line with Third Party Risk Management policy and procedures (due diligence process)
• Work with the internal business partners to plan and approve their ONO activities and requirements
• Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and the escalation point in the due-diligence and approval process, as well as helping to support the transition process by ensuring that challenges, issues and risks are closely monitored and escalated appropriately to senior management
• Support UBS functions in performing their due-diligence and approval duties
• Ensure compliance with Information Security and Operational Risk requirements
• Manage Risks related to Third Parties engagement
• Coordinate ad hoc requests and support query resolution
• Coordinate work and information flow within the team
• Identify and support process improvement initiatives
Your day to day work will include supporting the Business Functions in the Outsourcing Due-Diligence process (scope, compliance and risk validation/assessment), Transitions & other TPRM related Risk advisory. You will be working closely with key stakeholders including Project Managers and Responsible Officers to ensure that outsourcing and other TPRM initiatives are fully compliant with UBS and Regulatory standards as well as enable the Business Functions to execute initiatives in line with their business plans.
You will be working in the Third Party Risk Advisory team based in either the Krakow or Wroclaw Business Solutions Centers. Remote work from other parts of Poland is also possible. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders and team members locally and all over the world. As Risk Managers/Advisors, we are primarily responsible for advising our UBS internal clients on mitigating the risks when engaging third parties or executing their outsourcing strategy.
- 5-7 years' experience in a corporate environment
- Financial services, Legal and Compliance, Project Coordination, Client onboarding, Supply Chain and risk management/advisory experience a plus
- Technical Skillset: Good knowledge of MS Office especially Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent Communication Skills. Should be able to interact well with business stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- Ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and manage relationships while being assertive to ensure completion of tasks
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis
- Ability to deal with ad-hoc job requests from multiple stakeholders
- Good conceptual and project management skills
- Prior experience working with a global team is a plus
- A university degree
- Fluent in English
- A strong team player
- Organized and detail oriented
- Flexible and have a "can do" attitude
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.