Junior Business Analyst- Supervision
Business management, administration and support
Personal & Corporate Banking
Job Reference #
Are you solution oriented? Are you self-motivated and driven, with the ability to make the right call based on your own analysis work? We’re looking for someone like this who can work within our IB Business Risk Management team specifically to:
– manage the Supervisory Control Portal (SCP) tool and ensure there is effective governance around the development of the tool and supervision processes
– provide daily support for SCP processes including queries from and interaction with supervisors, business management, control functions and Global Internal Audit / regulators
– review the effectiveness of supervision as a control and identifying and implementing changes as required
– identify small changes in order to drive improvements through innovative solutions to any problems within the Supervisory Framework
– work collaboratively with the Business Management team to ensure the effective execution of supervision responsibilities, participating in the relevant COO forums where appropriate.
– oversee and monitor the delivery of the front to back control environment by driving best practice for controls design and operating effectiveness
– support Operational Risk initiatives cross IB and provide input for the ongoing development of them
You will be part of the EMEA Business Risk Management team in Krakow, which is within the Global IB COO function. We are part of the IB's first line of defense. We are responsible for managing Business Risk and ensuring that we have an appropriate and up to date Supervisory framework, spearheaded by the enhancement and maintenance of our Supervisory tool SCP.
– 0-2 years+ of relevant experience in a financial services environment (preferably within a Logistics & Control function), and/or in a business management support role
– good presentation and interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with others
– strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver to deadline
– eager to solve problems both by yourself and working with others
– good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills - high attention to detail is critical
– experience of using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills – coding skills would be beneficial
– experience with Tableau or Alteryx tools a plus
– an understanding of operational risk frameworks and controls
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills – at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people – with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests – who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.