Junior Data Mastering Analyst
Process, project and program management
Job Reference #
Are you a problem solver who is passionate about data? Can you connect the dots and find effective solutions to enterprise data needs? We’re looking for someone like you to:
• make strong contributions to Data Mastering within Asset Management Data Office, covering current data and manage new data on-boarding
• engage and coordinate with functional and IT leads to inventory current data; categorize it by approved data categories and maintain a complete catalog
• identify data gaps and data integrity issues in current data, partner with data owners and IT team to plan resolution
• partner with IT on reengineering solutions to create physical or virtual data masters by data category
• manage and govern project life-cycle from analysis to IT execution for planned reengineering efforts
• partner with data owners and data governance team within Data Office to apply data governance principle to master data
• provide regular progress updates to business stakeholders, Data Mastering Lead and Data Office leadership on new demands and ongoing projects/efforts
You’ll be working within UBS Asset Management Chief Data Office. We’re an innovative data management organization focused on re-defining the Division’s data strategy and supporting the management, governance and provisioning of core data-sets used across Asset Management. Our business strategy aligned Data & Tech Strategy approach provides ample opportunity for a passionate self-starter to collaborate with senior stakeholders throughout the Division to meet divisional data needs.
Working in the AM Chief Data Office, you’ll deliver cutting edge solutions that supply high quality, governed data across functions; helping transform the organization & establish a data driven culture!
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years work experience, with a minimum of 1 year directly engaging with business functions and stakeholders
• minimum 1 year of experience working in a large global Asset Manager or Hedge Fund is highly preferred
• minimum 1 year of experience in data management functions within financial services is highly preferred
• project management skills required for effective tracking of data needs and associated projects
• experience to guide IT in data solutions
• data analysis skills with experience in data profiling & discovery; hands-on SQL experience strongly preferred to aid in data analysis and data validation
• strong team player to partner with other data office and Technology colleagues in formulating solutions to the business needs
• documentation abilities, including Excel & PowerPoint skills, Visio flows, and mock-up creation
• hands on, but also excel in disciplined planning & reporting
• data driven and familiar with various data and analytics concepts – mastering, governance, analytics, AI/ML etc.
• well organized & detail oriented
• highly motivated & self-starting (independently lead tasks to conclusion)
• a critical thinker with an analytical mindset
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.