Quantitative Risk – Internal Auditor
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• conduct reviews and audits of models in various business areas, provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified
• analyze and assess risks and barriers to delivery, assumed by both the business and support functions
• identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks
• prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management, monitor the results, risk profile and developments across GIA network and provide input for planning sessions
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit team. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. Our team is responsible for auditing the Market Risk and Valuations areas and the model risk across all risk types.
The position is based in Airoli, Navi Mumbai.
• a Master's degree or the international equivalent, in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
• ideally 3-5 years' experience in audit or internal risk management areas within the financial industry. This experience could have been gained at a consulting firm or in an internal audit function.
• strong analytical skills and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods
• a detailed understanding of banking operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving
• reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
• risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products
• a flexible and committed team player willing to travel to other UBS locations for audit assignments
• curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting India
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.