State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Clients include mutual funds and other collective investment funds, corporate and public pension funds, global hedge funds, and global banking organizations as counterparties to trading businesses. Founded as a bank in 1792 in Boston, Massachusetts, State Street employs more than 38,000 people. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
PROMOTING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE State Street recognizes that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
GTS Business Management, AVP
The role is responsible for providing rounded Business Management support to the CAO for GTS EMEA, with remit extending to International (EMEA & APAC) as appropriate to support CIO International. The role will interact with the GTS Global COO team and numerous stakeholders across GTS and interfacing Control Functions and Business partners.
The role will encompass strategic and cyclical activities (such as measuring performance against GTS’ Goals, administering and reporting on Financial Resource Planning (FRP) as well as ad-hoc projects and information gathering, including certain high-profile programmes of work. There will be particular focus on enriching Data & Analytics capabilities that better enable governance, oversight and control of our GTS operation and Workforce.
• Document and track Workforce Transformation plans as pertain to the Regions, in coordination with GTS Global COO team, to provide control and oversight for hiring in sync with this pillar of GTS’ Strategy
• Manage geographic footprint data in support of Location strategy and alignment to central Transformation and Productivity initiatives (including capture in WAVE system)
• Liaise with PMO on Budget cycle, especially impacts of evolving operating model, headcount forecasting and Location strategy
• Oversee and drive rigour in Expenses process, and support preparation for / follow-ups to monthly Financial Reviews, in partnership with Finance Business Partner and CAO
• Engage with Control Functions (Compliance, Audit, etc.) to address issues arising, keep check on remediation activities and feed in to periodic reviews of Risk Registers
• Administer FRP process for EMEA, working with APAC towards best-practice for International, and engaging with GTS Global COO team to reconcile with Functional hiring plans
• Partner with Governance Lead to contribute to design and implementation of GTS Governance Framework and evolution of Governance & Control Forum (and related meetings)
• Devise and instigate metrics and reporting that will further enrich our oversight and control and build trust with our key stakeholders
• Source, compile and package inputs to regular communications (Newsletters, Town Halls, etc.) on behalf of CIO and CAO, and identify ways to measure and monitor impacts of employee engagement
• Maintain relationship with End User Computing (EUC) team to understand and relay implications of Digital Workspace strategy and implementation in practice, to communicate to colleagues (GTS and beyond) for effective uptake
• Input to Return to Office / Hybrid Working planning and delivery, by following developments of Workplace of the Future programme and liaising with Business Continuity Management, Global Realty Services (GRS), etc.
• Contribute to GTS’ People agenda, such as Recruitment (including entry-level pipeline), Learning & Development, Talent Management, Reward & Recognition
• Support the CAO on Inclusion, Diversity & Equity (IDE) activities, including quantitative tracking and reporting to IDE Council against annual goals
• Conduct analysis and present findings in response to ad-hoc requests from senior management, ensuring accurate and timely delivery
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and carefully manage expectations of senior stakeholders
• Highly proficient in full Microsoft Office suite
• Compelling presentation skills
• Able to identify and implement best-practices across different pockets of the organisation
• Flair for to analysing large / complex data sets and to grasp concepts and trends, and to present concise conclusions
• Self-motivated and disciplined, to balance workload proactively and reactively when required
• Applies risk-oriented mindset and makes reasoned recommendations with appropriate mitigants
• Accrued relevant experience in Business Management, Finance, Project Management or other related area, preferably in a matrix organisation
• Experience with data visualisation and report automation, e.g. Tableau, PowerBI
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills to present and relay nuanced information in an accessible way, with a high level of professionalism and credibility
• Proven adaptability to operate effectively in an evolving and diverse environment and values-led culture, to achieve results