Who we are looking for
Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for ensuring Funds are reported accurately and on time to the necessary parties. Senior Fund Accountant’s duty is to verify and review the work performed by Fund Accountants and for assisting Team Supervisor. As an experienced fund administrator, Senior Fund Accountant provides a key role in training, and developing less experienced staff, and is expected to be the first point of contact for queries. He/She must contribute to the team on technical matters, as well as providing leadership and direction to the team members, in both quality of service and communication with internal clients and other supporting departments, showing team player’s mindset.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Project Driftwood consists of migration of pre-NAV activities for EMEA FA from Joint Venture to Poland Hub, process improvements and its redesign to secure optimal operating model.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accountant, Associate 2 you will
- review and verify completed Net Asset Value performed by Fund Accountants (with the NAV accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timelines,
- review fund components and complete the reviewers’ checklist,
- liaise with other internal clients and support departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies,
- assist Team Supervisor in the organization of the team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to,
- assist Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls,
- perform special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor,
- review account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, assist and provide direction to staff in resolving discrepancies,
- provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries,
- ensure that daily workload is allocated appropriately,
- provide guidance and training to less experienced staff .
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- numeracy / literacy skills,
- thorough understanding of fund administration is required,
- proficiency in reconciliation and problem solving,
- excellent written and verbal communication,
- ability to work to tight deadlines,
- ability to take ownership and initiatives,
- accuracy, good quality of work and attention to details,
- excellent English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- Fund accounting and/or pricing experience and/or dealing gained within Unit Linked, Pension or Retail Funds’ environment (essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of investment regulations (essential)
- PC literacy and competency in use of spreadsheets and word processing
What we offer:
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs