Data Engineer – Internal Audit
Job Reference #
Are you excited to work with a global Data Engineering and Analytics team with diverse backgrounds and talents? Can you apply your technical skills to help organize and maintain large databases and business data? Do you enjoy the challenge of building tools to support data analysis? We’re looking for a data engineer like that who can:
• Design, coordinate and implement Oracle database solutions for staging, processing and supporting business analyses:
o Develop database solutions (views, procedures, packages, triggers, etc.) to support strategic data requirements,
o Write, maintain and deploy all database objects such as SQL functions, views, procedures, packages and triggers,
o Understand and maintain data security requirements,
• Implement, maintain and monitor data feeds from around the bank into Oracle or other data repositories,
• Develop python scripts to increase automation around our ETL,
• Build self-service data reports for frequent requests using Alteryx,
• Build and maintain Tableau dashboards,
• Establish relationships with auditors within Group Internal Audit (GIA) to meet the operational and analytics needs of the organization:
o Translate business requirements into SQL or Python scripts and document these in plain English for business users,
o Collaborate across audit teams and locations, providing data to support their analysis and help define their data requirements,
o Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs,
o Display strong communication, interpersonal and ability to understand requirements from users with varying levels of technical knowledge coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit (GIA) Poland team. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Group Functions/Shared Services functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As a Data Engineer you will be a member of the global Innovation team, which works collaboratively with all GIA teams and management in different aspects of design and delivery of innovative and efficient solutions. In that role, you will gain insight into a wide variety of GIA's processes and will be able to influence their effectiveness.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
The position is based in Kraków, Fabryczna Office Park.
• A Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience as database developer, reporting or data analyst,
• Strong understanding of relational database design,
• Strong SQL skills (preferably Oracle SQL),
• Experience in database development,
• Python skills,
• An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders,
• Excellent time management skills, ability to set priorities effectively,
• Ability to build stakeholder relationships with all levels and ranks of the UBS organization
• Strong analytical skills and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods
• Work experience with Postgres (preferred, not required).
• Work experience with data preparation tools like Alteryx (preferred, not required),
• Work experience with visualization tools like Tableau (preferred, not required)
• Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues,
• Able to multi-task and handle multiple requests – knowing when to escalate and communicate deadlines effectively,
• Able to quickly understand complex processes, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
• Keen to develop your understanding of Investment Banking, Asset Management and Wealth Management,
• Keen on a career path leading to a business analysis role or data scientist – combining business knowledge with technical ability for data analysis,
• Keen on learning Cloud technologies like Azure.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.