Purpose of Role:
You’ll be joining the GAO team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of services to multiple State Street Bank locations.
- Perform the General Ledger and Reporting activities that may include [but are not limited to]: specific month-end close tasks, monthly account reconciliation and resolve account discrepancies, reporting and analyzing according to US GAAP, monitoring and allocation of payments, support ad hoc reporting for local and group purposes etc.;
- Coordinate across departments/functions internally to communicate and produce data in a timely fashion;
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions;
- Utilize current documentation and methodologies and recommend new solutions to improve existing and new processes;
- Participate in transition process and create relevant documentation,
- Attend service call,
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures;
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day;
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Finance Reporting/ General Ledger and/or other related fields;
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices ( GL, financial accounting reporting, controlling);
- Excellent communications, organization, interpersonal and analytical skills
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements;
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Practical knowledge of Excel is necessary;
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English;
- Attention to details is crucial.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
YOUR NEW TEAM:
You’ll be joining the Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of accounting services such as AP, AR, GL processes, analysis and reporting to multiple State Street Bank locations across the world.