Logistics Operations Officer is a challenging role with wide area or responsibilities, spanning across three main logistics-related areas.
One of the key areas is export and import compliance and excise duty related support. This means being a focal point for the German Excise Movement and Control System (EMCS/BlueJay).
Compliance coordination includes post-Brexit export clearance procedure: contact with customs agent (bi-weekly basis) of the imports status to the UK and record them in a timely manner.
Person in this role is also responsible for maintenance of Consignment Stock model by running daily inventory consumption control, preparing, and monitoring monthly stock balance and serves as focal point to the Customer, Customer Ops team, hauliers and Sales teams.
This role also entails management of delivery confirmation accuracy for one of key customers.
Role provides wide array of challenges and expertise and is a fast way for development into higher roles within the LSC.
Logistics EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) is an integral part of Lubricants Supply Chain, storing and distributing bulk and packed product it is not only the face of Shell at the customer site but also a competitive advantage for our Lubricants business as a whole, consistently delivering improved financial and service level performance. We are making changes in the ERA Lubes Packed Logistics Operations by putting a more competitive organisation in place that will not only enhance competitiveness but make jobs more rewarding and enhance customer experience. This is a unique opportunity to become part of end-2-end team in one of the highest performing businesses in Shell.
- Export/import control and reporting to ensure customs compliance of Shell operations in Germany through EMCS / Bluejay system.
- Maintain customer master data, licenses, material list and monitor open transactions for the EMCS portal.
- Be point of contact for Customs Offices and Tax Department. Involve in VAT tax avoidance process with Indirect Tax Manager
- Provide monthly review of inventory to finance and justifications for all material stock movements
- Manage and maintain of daily consumption reports for key customer in Germany (through a consignment model)
- Ensure stocks reconciliation program (cycle-counting and wall-to-wall inventory stock take)
- Develop analysis (RCA) for stock discrepancies, maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reports and inventory scorecard, provide monthly review of inventory to finance and justifications for all material stock movements
Customer delivery confirmation accuracy:
- Be responsible for delivery quantity adjustment with correct quantity
- Monitor logistics systems to ensure the closure process is managed properly
- Be a focal point for hauliers, Customer Operations and Shell internal stakeholders.
- Country of origin assurance: Notify hauliers/forwarders to close all shipments to customs agent right after the goods arrive in the destination
- Monitor and track all import status monitoring, coordinating with customs broker
- TSS North Ireland: Keeping classification registry of all shipment imported to NI from EU.
- Support implementation of all improvement projects
- Engage in ad-hoc project as assigned
- Drive mutual improvements in work processes and coordinate with the contract holders and procurement organization when working with transportation carriers
- Maintain records, templates, working instructions in Share Point