Who we are looking for
As an AIS Senior Middle Office Administrator in Operations you will be a part of our team in Krakow responsible for performing all trading desk support responsibilities required by large Multi-Strategy Hedge Funds. Senior Middle Office Administrator will work within the Middle Office team on such functions as electronic trade capture; confirmation and settlements; issues resolution; cash and collateral management. A successful candidate will be exposed to all financial markets and products traded globally, including highly complex derivative instruments. The position covers a wide range of tasks across all phases of the trading cycle.
We are looking for a committed candidate, who would like to grow and develop in our organization. A candidate who will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is willing to find areas for improvements and who can take advantage of arising opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent relationships with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The successful candidate would join one of the teams that form Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Middle Office Administrator you will:
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world.
- Capture, confirm and settle trades.
- Oversee and help junior employees while processing trades, resolving issues.
- Confirm transactions with brokers ahead of market deadlines.
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues.
- Create and reconcile new securities in the database.
- Be responsible for cash and collateral management.
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner as well as communicate effectively with the clients when necessary.
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required.
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve miscellaneous funds issues.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated, solid team player.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Strong analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines driven environment.
- Ambition to succeed and build a long-term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 1-3 years experience in accounting, finance, mutual fund operations, loan servicing or related careers preferred.
- Technical knowledge of various financial products (Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives)
- Good level of English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel, VBA.Python would be an asset.
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset.
- Hybrid Work;
- Premium life insurance package.
- Employee savings plan.
- VIP medical package.
- International operating environment.
- Language classes.
- Soft skills trainings.
- Technical workshops.
- Development sessions with a mentor.
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities.
- Technical or leadership career pathway.