Who we are looking for
The Fund Accountant is responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by processing daily accounting related functions to ensure funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Fund Accountant is the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyzes the information received; making sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accountant, Associate 1 you will
- complete Net Asset Value calculation ensuring accuracy and timeliness,
- complete and prove reasonability of the Fund valuation components,
- compare and confirm account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, explain any discrepancies,
- review fund evaluation components if required,
- be involved in departmental ad-hoc projects,
- be involved in the training and development of other team members when needed,
- make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- numeracy / literacy skills,
- accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines,
- basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential,
- ability to take ownership and initiative,
- effective communication and team work,
- accuracy, good quality work and attention to details,
- excellent English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- Previous experience in fund administration preferred but not essential.
- PC literacy and competency in the use of spreadsheets and word processing