Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
Philips People Services (PPS) is the organization delivering common HR administrative & payroll services to Philips employees, managers and HR business partners, according to world class standards, in line with business requirements, leveraging PPS Centers and cooperating with external partners; thus leading to increased customer satisfaction and lower cost.
Junior HR Administrator
Philips challenges you to use your communication skills to help colleagues from all over Europe with HR related questions. You will be the contact point for General Management, HR managers and Employees. Embrace the challenges of communicating with at least 8 different countries (United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Poland) while working in an international team.
The Philips People Services Center Europe is based in Łódź, Poland and is part of Philips People Services. PPS is the Human Resources Shared Services organization of Philips. A team of HR professionals delivering HR Services to Philips employees and managers at all stages of the career cycle. PPS delivers cost-effective people services by leveraging economies of scale, globalizing processes and simplifying the ways of working, while delivering superior HR experiences by listening and acting on our customers’ feedback.
- Processing and updating requests in case management system.
- Escalating cases accordingly to specialists/center of expertise.
- Answering queries related to HR processes executed in Workday.
- Responsible for hiring & terminating contingent workers in Workday.
- Administrative support for 360 evaluation.
- Adding documentation to employees' electronic files.
- Responsible for running daily results report for Europe.
- Liaising with HR Admins, HR Managers, Reward Partners and line managers in order to investigate particular employees’ cases.
- Support role for line managers to guide on how business processes should be handled by them in Workday in accordance with global guidelines.
- Opportunity to participate in regional/global improvement projects.
We are looking for people with:
- Graduate with Bachelor/Master degree
- Fluent knowledge of English language
- Workday system knowledge is a plus
- Detail oriented
- MS Office literacy
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload, multi-task is essential
- Personal integrity when handling confidential information
- Ability to work in a changing environment to meet demanding deadlines and timescales
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Effective listening and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Yearly bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- BenefitSystem cards
- Discount for Philips’ products.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: „Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883)”.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.