The Business Risk Management (BRM) team is responsible for ensuring State Streets Global Delivery’s business has the proper processes and controls in place to reinforce efficiency of process, minimize operational errors, and ensure compliance with corporate policy, regulations, and laws. Without the proper control environment in place, State Street will be hindered from growth and expansion of product approvals. BRM achieves these goals by developing, designing and documenting controls and advising on business process design and policy implementation. Additionally, the BRM team ensures appropriate compliance with these controls through continuous business monitoring.
BRM is expected to report emerging risks, identify causes and track remediation efforts, which requires detailed knowledge of the regulatory and corporate requirements relevant to the business.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Who we are looking for?
Experience working with business risk and analysing data,experience in fund accounting is preferred but not mandatory. This position will report directly to the VP of Business Risk Monitoring.
What you will be responsible for
- Assist in the collection of control evidence related to the SOC1 and SOX audits of Complex Operations, as well as other key risk programs
- Review control evidence for sufficiency
- Report findings to senior management and external auditors
- Escalate any perceived violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and recommend a course of action
- Work with sets of data to analyze trends and produce reporting
- Ability to assist projects within entire BRM Team
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Team skills – demonstrated ability to work with people at different levels
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to meet key deliverables within stated timeframes
- Strong attention to details
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent data management and reporting skills
- Excellent facility with excel
- Excellent English skills
- Attention to detail and dedication to the pursuit of data quality
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Experience in audit, accounting or fund accounting business roles as a plus.
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.