Shell Finance Operations (FO) Controllers Team is a global Centre of Expertise, providing professional support across Shell in the area of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (SOX and non-SOX). The Team consists of risk and controls professionals with various experience levels and areas of specialisation.
The FO Controllers Team contribute to ensuring that Shell maintains a fit-for-purpose and design effective financial control framework. Within FO Controllers, our Teams:
- Drive the annual SOX assurance cycle by supporting business in annual review of risks and identification of controls mitigating those risks
- Provide professional expertise on financial Controls Design and Deploy, to ensure controls are appropriately designed to achieve process objectives and mitigate the risks
- Provide attestation / assurance over financial controls through controls testing (SOX and non-SOX) – independent assessment of design and operating effectiveness (LOD2)
Various positions on different seniority levels for professionals with previous experience in audit, risk & governance, internal controls/SOX testing.
Depending on a role, a required experience level varies from 12 months to 15+ years.
- Financial Controls Advisor/Manager
- Controls Design & Deploy Advisor/ Senior Advisor/ Manager
- Controls Assurance Analyst/ Specialist/ Manager (SOX testing)
- Finance professionals with previous experience within the Accountancy / Audit Profession, Risk & Assurance, Internal Audit
- Professional qualification in Accountancy / Audit / Internal Controls desirable (ACCA, Certified Internal Auditor CIA], CIMA, CISA or equivalent)
- Fluent English required as Team operates in a multi-location, virtual environment
- Experience in IT risk, systems and digital tools desirable
- Risk based mindset, strong stakeholder engagement, effective communication and influencing skills, capability and willingness to learn new technologies