Financial Reporting Specialist (12 month)
Job Reference #
Full Time, Temporary / Contract
Are you a qualified financial reporting specialist? Do you have the know-how to analyze financial data and prepare relevant financial information? We are looking for someone like that for 12 Month Maternity Cover Contract to:
• work closely with other Finance teams globally to ensure delivery of high-quality financial information for externally published financial and regulatory annual as well as quarterly reports
• analyze financial information and design, develop and maintain internal reporting products that serve as control and governance documentation for financial disclosures and regulatory filings and support regular reporting to senior management
• contribute to change initiatives, including implementation of new or amended accounting standards and enhancements to financial reporting and related IT infrastructure
You will be part of the Financial Accounting & Consolidation team, working in Poland, within the Group and Entity Accounting & Controlling organization.
We are an international team, responsible for oversight of the global daily and monthly financial close processes and preparation and analysis of internal, regulatory and external financial reporting (including the UBS Group Financial Statements). We have the objective of achieving high-quality financial reporting, transparent and agile internal control reporting and ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements. By delivering internal, external and regulatory reporting that is accurate, timely and provides valuable insights, our team plays a vital role in supporting management decision making and in protecting the firm's financial reputation.
We aim to develop subject matter experts in the accounting and financial reporting space who can communicate effectively with senior stakeholders. We seek to continually challenge and enhance processes and controls, build further transparency and insights into our reporting products and identify opportunities for efficiency / automation. With these goals in mind, we are regularly engaged in change initiatives (accounting, reporting and infrastructure related) together with other stakeholders in the Group.
We offer an opportunity to leverage and further develop varied skillsets in an inclusive, dynamic and fast-paced environment!
• a university degree in finance and accounting, economics, controlling or similar field
• 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally in the financial services industry
• excellent MS Office skills
• strong analytical skills as well as excellent problem-solving skills
• very good communication skills with the ability to work in an international environment with global teams
• fluent in English, German knowledge is an advantage
• reliable and methodical, with a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail
• able to apply technical understanding to practical problems and learn from experience
• proactive and flexible with the ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• eager to design insights into, control, and deliver financial data and service stakeholders as per their demands
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.