Job Reference #
Do you have a sharp, analytic mindset? Do you have a financial background and experience in controlling and IFRS? Are you interested in deepening knowledge in subject of investment banking or asset management?
We’re looking for a Financial Controller to:
• compile and analyze financial information for Swiss UBS entities
• prepare & analyze financial statements (profit & loss, balance sheet) and other financial reports for the business and various stakeholders including legal entity controllers, divisional & product controllers, liquidity & funding & regulatory reporting teams
• provide detailed comments on the significant business moves and assist in preparation of daily/monthly documentation
• collaborate on continuous improvement of quality, efficiency and effectiveness of controls
• assist & support other colleagues with daily & monthly controlling activities
You’ll be working in the Regional Controlling team based in Krakow (Fabryczna Office Park) & Zurich. Team's primary mandate is performance of last mile reviews of the balance sheet and income statement for major Swiss UBS entities, including UBS AG Zurich branch & UBS Asset Management AG. We provide broad trainings & analytical tools. We have daily interaction with various internal clients located globally including Integrated Middle Office, financial controllers across all the divisions, and numerous other stakeholders covering regulatory analytics such as RWA, LCR, L&F, LRD, etc.
• 3+ years previous experience in a similar role focusing on accounting, data analysis, financial reporting or banking (experience in investment banking or asset management preferable)
• at least bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or accounting, with understanding of IFRS accounting principles (ACCA / CIMA or other relevant certification is an asset)
• strong analytical & presentation skills
• fluent in written and spoken English
• proficient in MS excel (VBA would be an asset)
• great attention to detail
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.