Tax Analyst (FATCA/AEI)
Job Reference #
Are you familiar with FATCA/AEI? Are you passionate about taxes?
We're looking for Tax Analyst to:
• Monitor the completeness and validity of FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and AEI (Automatic Exchange of Information) information for UBS entities on internal systems and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) portal
• Identify gaps / insufficiencies within the Control Framework for above mentioned regulations and keep it up to date
• Assess DE (Design Effectiveness) and OE (Operating Effectiveness) of FATCA & AEI controls
• Respond to FATCA, AEI and QI (Qualified Intermediary) queries related to client onboarding, reporting and withholding (both client and internal)
• Assist in completing W-8 forms and self-certifications for UBS legal entities.
You’ll be working in the AEI-FATCA / QI Competence Center team in Krakow as a member of the global tax team. Our role is to provide the different functions involved in FATCA, QI and AEI related processes with timely and qualitative responses in order to avoid errors in FATCA, QI and AEI relevant processes, which could pose risks to UBS’s compliance. We provide responsive service to internal clients by answering operational related queries based on agreed procedures and FAQs.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Bachelor's degree or above (preferably legal/tax/financial background)
• Previous experience in FATCA and AEI (Automatic Exchange of Information also known as Common Reporting Standard CRS), and/or QI would be a benefit
• Effective team working / collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts as part of a global team across many jurisdictions
• Very good knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Well organized, with a sharp eye for details
• Self – motivated
• Fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.