Data Engineer with Python and SQL
Evidence Lab Innovations
Job Reference #
Temporary / Contract
Do you have sharp analytic skills? Do you know how to solve problems and develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who is:
- able to apply data science and statistic techniques to real problems
- well organized and able to succeed when no two days are the same
- able to turn large datasets into an asset across the organization
- able to collect and combine data from multiple sources, analyze it for insights and produce great visuals
You’ll be working closely with various Execution teams, which are a part of a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. Your role will be focused on ability to systematically analyze and build statistical and machine learning models on companies and markets that Evidence Lab does research on. Your main goal is to give insights for better business decisions. You’ll be working in Fabryczna Office Park in Krakow, however currently we provide working from home.
- background in following fields: Econometrics/Statistics/Machine Learning/Programming
- knowledge and experience of statistical and econometric techniques: probability theory, time series prediction, clustering, regression, decision trees, neural networks
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- the ability to deal with complex, multi-component problems
- a passion for research
- good programming skills in Python
- good understanding of SQL is a plus
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- good attention to detail
- able to apply technical knowledge to real problems
- the ability to deliver under time pressure
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.