The role sits in the Finance Operations and daily work is coordinated by EMEA Treasurer. The incumbent will assist with managing a pool of 5 individuals based in Krakow and will manage the running of treasury operations for a portfolio of business, operating companies and geographies. With accountability for delivery of the Shell's Treasury agenda in a way that protects and enhances Group value, activities include:
- ensuring that companies maintain an appropriate financing structure, taking account of considerations such as tax and regulatory constraints, appropriate gearing, cost and debt maturity profile;
- supervising day to day treasury operations in the portfolio including liquidity planning and management, ensuring that surplus cash is effectively identified and redistributed, and associated financial risk is managed in line with policy;
- Offering advice and assistance to the portfolio finance community on all treasury matters related to liquidity planning and management, intragroup funding arrangements and decision making around appropriate method, timing and scale of cash infusions;
- Initiate cash management and other banking initiatives for the companies/countries under portfolio;
- Monitor and manage treasury risks (e.g. liquidity, foreign exchange exposure) and develop risk mitigation strategies;
- Maintain entity Treasury Policies and operating procedures to ensure consistency with current requirements and best practice. Where appropriate, recommend revisions;
- Support as and when necessary corporate and commercial finance initiatives such as acquisitions and divestments, hedging activities and arrangement of external financing facilities;
- Support the Group's relationship with banks and achieving optimal service and pricing;
- Manage a team of Treasury Managers;
- Focal point for offshore Treasury Manager team in the wider Treasury Operations community.
Delivery of these requirements will be achieved through strong business partnering and establishment of networks and relationships across many internal interfaces (e.g. tax, legal, controllers, business treasury, Finance Operations) and external stakeholders including banks and lenders.
Leading a new Treasury team within Finance Operations, this role reports into Finance Operations Reporting and Analysis leader and is also a key member of the global Group Treasury Operations team. The successful candidate will need to work seamlessly with other internal & external teams to deliver the accountabilities. Group Treasury manages liquidity, banking and foreign exchange for Shell and provides financing and financial risk management services and advice for both wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures.
Treasury Operations is structured on a pooled basis where each team member can be accountable for multiple legal entities across a diverse range of countries in the Europe, Middle East and Africa, providing advice to a variety of businesses and projects.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration preferred. ACT – or other Treasury related - qualification is a differentiator;
- This is a role for an experienced finance professional with proven commercial and Treasury technical skills. Demonstration of previous Treasury knowledge as well as a track record in adapting to new challenges and a collaborative approach are critical;
- Strong inter-personal and inter-cultural skills are required, with proven experience of influencing outcomes across a multi-cultural environment;
- Good level of commercial acumen and external focus with a strong commercial and risk management mindset;
- Appetite to work in a high paced environment and manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work under pressure and establish and manage priorities & deadlines directly with diverse stakeholders whilst maintaining robust working relationships
- A proactive, enquiring mind with the ability to pay attention to the detail as well as step back to understand the bigger picture and communicate the concepts and strategies effectively
- Understanding of energy related financial terminology and funding practices would be an advantage
- Ability to drive a culture of responsibility, accountability and continuous improvement.