Portfolio Accounting Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you great with numbers and have sharp analytic skills? Are you detail-oriented, precise in your working style and motivated to understand interdependencies and to question them?
To strengthen our team we are looking for new colleagues who will support us building out our presence working in the following main areas:
• diagnose and resolve accounting problems reported by stakeholders (Front office, Performance Reporting, Client Reporting)
• NAV governance – review and analyze accounting reconciliation breaks that impact NAV including valuation, accrued interest, and dividend breaks
• build up security product knowledge to assist data teams with security setup and operations teams with security transactions and life-cycle events
• provide accounting assistance for Performance reporting and Client reporting
• help build new processes to better control balance sheet and performance reporting
You will be working in the Portfolio Accounting team, part of the COO area of UBS Asset Management located in Krakow. Globally, this team is responsible for the oversight of registered funds, private funds and mandates across traditional and alternative trading strategies. The team is tasked with ensuring that the accuracy and quality of data and reporting produced both internally and externally meets all standards and requirements. You will initially primarily be supporting products managed by the Traditional Asset Management business globally with the opportunity, as part of a larger team, to work on other investment areas. Working within a global team of Portfolio Accountants, this role offers candidates a great opportunity to gain exposure to the Asset Management industry including both Hedge Funds and Traditional Asset Management asset classes. You will support a dynamic business and build relationships globally.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a good head for figures and pay attention to details
• a high level of personal responsibility and an independent, proactive working approach
• solid Excel skills. Experience in VBA and Python is an advantage
• integrity, loyalty and great team spirit
• financial background and experience in fund accounting or product control is an advantage
• Bachelor degree with subject focus on finance, accounting, or other numerical subject preferred
• flexible and used to working under time pressure
• embracing the challenge to work within a constantly evolving environment
• keen to learn and constantly striving to enhance your knowledge and skill set
• able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.