Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
EY established a Global Trade team to help clients manage export and import classifications, assist with Free Trade Agreements (“FTA”) solicitation and qualification analysis, identify other government agencies (“OGA”) requirements, and review client transactions, prepare the relevant documents and instructions for broker for customs clearance, analyze post clearance shipments in order to check compliance and correctness of documents. The Global Trade team consists of a dedicated team of trained individuals responsible for analyzing the technical characteristics of products and assigning proper export and import classifications, conducting analysis if products qualify for FTAs, identifying OGA requirements and screening client’s transactions against different lists of sanctioned parties.
Your key responsibilities
Global Trade team members are responsible for reviewing the technical properties of a good, assigning the proper import classification based upon the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (“HTS”), and assigning export classification numbers (“ECN”) for goods, using appropriate software tools and via collaboration with local EY Global Trade resources. Global Trade team members are also responsible for conducting analysis whether products qualify for FTAs and for identifying OGA requirements. Verifying Import/Export documents for accuracy and/or auditing them to ensure declarations are timely and accurate.
- Oversee all classifications and FTA assignment work
- Implement key process strategies and ongoing enhancements to effectively and timely manage classification assignments
- Support risk management, improve international trade compliance and increase operational effectiveness for our clients’ supply chains
- Provide insight, connectedness and responsiveness to all clients while demonstrating a good understanding of their business
- Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans.
- Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
- Participate in ongoing business development
- Responsible for coordinating various customs-oriented requests related to compliance with the customs law of specific countries/jurisdictions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in determining tariff classifications in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System
- Export Control classification knowledge
- Experience with various FTAs
- Understanding and applying international trade rules and regulations
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in international trade, engineering or a related field is preferred
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong background or relevant experience with machinery and equipment or electronics; biotechnology, medical technology and/or pharmaceutical industries (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential, commodity expertise exists).
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency with MS Windows, word processing, database and spreadsheet software;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze regulations and procedures and relate them to operations;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English
What we look for
We are looking for talented professional within accounting background with a proven track of accounting knowledge and interest, who wants to develop and work within global environment.
If you are a highly motivated person, who meets the listed requirements, do not hesitate and simply apply for this job.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.