Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Indirect Tax has 9 sub-functions which manage Global accounts. Indirect Tax is spread across 8 GDS Locations. Our footprint extends to over 30+ countries in the world and looking at expanding it to over 50+ countries soon. We help country practices streamline and manage large engagements for several clients. Our team is Dynamic, culturally diverse and inclusive global workforce. Organized across geographic areas and business lines We drive high performance work culture.
EY established a Global Trade team to help clients manage export and import classifications, assist with Free Trade Agreements (“FTA”) solicitation and qualification analysis, identify other government agencies (“OGA”) requirements, and review client transactions. The Global Trade team consists of a dedicated team of trained individuals responsible for analyzing the technical characteristics of products and assigning proper export and import classifications, conducting analysis if products qualify for FTAs, identifying OGA requirements and screening client’s transactions against different lists of sanctioned parties.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead client service teams
- Actively engage in required consultations, and mentor team members
- Focus on people/talent development by counselling, coaching and impacting others through identification of stretch and challenging goals
- Develop strong relationships across a network of existing and future clients and EY Global Trade professionals
- Demonstrate flexibility, teamwork skills and leadership initiative
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals
- Oversee all classifications and FTA assignment work
- Implement key process strategies and ongoing enhancements to effectively and timely manage classification assignments
- Support risk management, improve international trade compliance and increase operational effectiveness for our clients’ supply chains
- Provide insight, connectedness and responsiveness to all clients while demonstrating a good understanding of their business
- Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans.
- Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
- Participate in ongoing business development
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to learn and interpret the relevant regulations and apply the same to the work situation;
- Strong project management skills - ability to multi-task across a variety of projects and activities;
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and achieve results with minimal guidance;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to summarize, edit, and harmonize large volume of data;
- Solid research and analytical skills – ability to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations;
- A strong proficiency in working across the various Microsoft office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint);
- Proactive and motivated across all aspects of teaming and execution of work;
- Willingness to stretch and work under pressure, as and when required to do so;
- Attention to detail and openness to feedback;
- International outlook and awareness.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 16-17+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or undergraduate degree in international trade
- Experience identifying tariff classifications in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System;
- Export Control classification knowledge.
- Additionally, Global Trade Managers should have one or more of the following industry experience or educational background:
- An undergraduate degree in international trade, chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or a related field is preferred;
- Strong background/experiences/commodity expertise with machinery and equipment or electronics is a plus;
Ideally, you’ll also have
Relevant experience working in biotechnology, medical technology and/or pharmaceutical industries (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential, commodity expertise exists).
What we look for
We look for candidates with proven capabilities in driving multiple projects, with exception client management and project management experience
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success, as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.