Who we are looking for
- Fund Accounting Operations Specialist is under supervision of Fund Accounting Supervisor or Manager, the Operations Specialist will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business.
- Provide technical support to Fund Accounting Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
What you will be responsible for
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of fund accounting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Work closely with Training Department and business lines to identify training needs within the team. Ensure that those needs are met by delivering training sessions to staff on agreed topics.
- Perform FTE and capacity analysis within fund accounting teams
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers’ checklist as needed
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Keep team Supervisor and Officer informed of issues. Ensure the issues log is updated and track progress.
- Support Team Supervisor to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the donor site.
- Provide technical support to fund accounting teams in relation to fund events.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Keeps Fund Accounting Manager updated with regard to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrates flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
- Excellent English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- 2+ years experience in fund administration is required.
What we offer
- Remote work from Poland
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway