Who we are looking for
This position within the team will be based in Poland and will have principal responsibility for leading a team providing support to Poland Hub Management and GD global functional activities. This position will also include providing thought leadership and support to the global risk and control efforts of the Global Delivery Business Risk Management organization and will have dual reporting lines to local management and global management. In addition the individual will lead the risk & control management agenda, ensuring all risks and control weaknesses are identified, escalated and mitigated.
Why this role is important to us
Business Risk Management (BRM) is a multi-discipline control function within the First Line of Defense. The current remit of GD BRM includes Assurance, Risk, Controls and Assessment activities, Business Continuity, Governance, Operational Risk Management and incident analysis, Compliance Program implementation, Risk Metrics, Event Management, Policy and regulatory change and Information Security.
Global Delivery (GD) BRM focuses on ensuring strong control environment and managing risk within the Global Delivery department, partnering with Senior management and operations business units.
What you will be responsible for
As a Head of Business Risk Management you will have Global/Functional and Legal Entity responsibilities:
- Lead Business Risk agenda for the an assigned global function
- Partner with the global functional management to support them in timely and efficient identification, escalation and remediation of Risk
- Coordinate the book of work of Business Risk teams and disciplines for global function to
- Challenge control environment and ensure sound mitigation plans are in place
- Manage periodic Risk Meetings for global function
- Be a trusted Risk & Control partner for key Change and Transformation initiatives
- Collaborate with the 2nd and 3rd line control functions in order to provide a holistic approach to risk identification and management
- Liaise with the Regulators and Auditors
- Lead and participate in key working groups within the Risk Management universe
Legal Entity responsibility:
- Partner with Senior Management within State Street Poland, in order to ensure risk & control environment of State Street Poland meets standards set by all applicable Risk & Control Frameworks
- Ensure risks are identified, escalated and mitigated for the entirety of the State Street Poland legal entity. Proactively drive self-identification of risks by Business Units, challenge control environment and mitigating plans
- Chair the periodic Risk Committee for State Street Poland, liaise with Senior Management, Auditors and regulators
- Lead local/legal entity Risk & Control projects and programs
- Lead the team of up to 10 Business Continuity and Business Risk professionals focusing on resilience, risk identification, incident & issue response and risk reviews.
- Matrix management: act as the Business Unit heads for the team of 40 Business Risk professionals located in Poland, in collaboration with their functional managers abroad.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Very good presentation and communication skills required for presenting to Senior Management
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Sound experience in senior leadership roles in large financial institutions
- Experience in risk management, compliance or audit, including but not limited to experience in design & implementation of control frameworks.
- Project/program management experience is a plus
- Experience in team management, especially in project teams
- Understanding of Operations in the Financial Industry
- Knowledge of State Street Control Frameworks and tools (INFRA/RCSA, Archer, PCR methodology)
What We Offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- 5 additional days off
- Tier one medical plan for you and your family (including partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private Pension Plan
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Variety of well-being programms