Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Auditor – Transfer Agency, Officer, who will work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to ensure the businesses are complying with relevant regulatory requirements and corporate policy and procedures. You will be responsible for the execution of key centralized and local Transfer Agency audits and for providing subject matter expertise and oversight for audits conducted including: establishing, implementing, and monitoring firm-wide risk assessment and testing programs. In this role you will report to the Head of Audit Poland, and you will be based in Poland.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Auditor – Transfer Agency, Officer you will:
- Interact and maintain relationships with senior internal stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to support the maintenance of the program, as well as, strategic direction and goals of the Firm is critical.
- Participate in Transfer Agency audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management, business processes, business controls, risk assessments and operating practices globally.
- Demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally.
- Prepare and/or review audit work papers ensuring sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s risk based audit methodology.
- Ensure that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- Participate in audits across State Street’s businesses in EMEA and other regions.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, project management and research skills.
- Collaborative, determined, energetic, inquisitive, intelligent and articulated.
- Able to work independently as well as able to support the overall team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in order to effectively communicate with senior leaders within business divisions.
- An understanding of key regulations impacting State Street businesses
- Experienced professional, possess strong auditing and/or regulatory examination skills, and a good knowledge of the key regulations and current regulatory developments relevant to State Street’s businesses.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years of Audit experience in either public accounting or internal audit, and relevant financial services industry experience in Transfer Agency, Custody, Alternative Investments, Private Equity and regulations.
- Working knowledge of key financial service’s regulations.
- Degree-level education and a relevant professional qualification with post-qualified experience.
- Willingness to travel, mostly within Europe.
What We Offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshop, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice.
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathways
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.