Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
EY is looking for a Solution Architect in “Client Technology Solution Architecture” function to deliver solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives hosted in a variety of environments while considering re-use, scalability, reliability and alignment with EY’s mission and strategy.
- Lead successful implementation of these architectures by managing expectations and risks, ensuring appropriate organizational structures, principles, tools and responsibilities.
- Act as a bridge between technical and business audiences during solution planning, development and deployment.
- Create reliable solution plans that include cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with the business, multi-disciplinary teams including our peers in Technical Solution Management and Product Costing.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide architecture leadership and technical domain expertise to client engagements focusing on complex yet innovative products and reusable assets
- Develop solution plans, prior to kicking off a project as part of a product life cycle, intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and quality of the product
- Create innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a system, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of EY’s technology environment.
- Work closely and continuously with the business/client with focus on meeting business/client requirements and incorporating broader aspects such as overall product costs/revenue, data privacy & sovereignty, business continuity, information security, integration with other systems, etc.
- Work with the vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendor’s delivery models and assist in implementing them at EY.
Standards and Governance
- Contribute to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
- Identify, define and implement reusable assets and standards. The solution architect is also responsible for alignment to these standards and consumption of reusable assets across products and portfolios
- Ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products.
- Contribute to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
- Ability to work across multiple projects with a variety of individuals and groups. A Solution Architect sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. Anticipate needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: Solution and Technical Architects, engineering teams, product manager, project managers, product analysts, test and project teams, Information Security and Operations.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- Cultivate lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors / industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise as well as industry trends.
- Recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to EY and can drive their adoption into our organization.
- Evangelizes and encourages the importance of technical quality, emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc.
- Maintains ongoing dialogue and builds trusted relationships with customers to educate them on the purpose and benefits of the right architecture for the solution
- Guide others in resolving significant issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project
Skills and attributes for success
- Expert understanding of solution architecture with ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face at EY while adhering to security and other EY standards
- Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of groups and individuals effectively and comprehensively
- Understanding of business and organizational strategy
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability and other “capabilities” of a system
To qualify for the role you must have
- Led the Solution Architecture workstream of a complex and medium/large scale implementation; being the bridge between the business and engineering; working closely with engineering to drive the implementation of solution architecture.
- Led and governed a team of solution architects (if applying for Lead Solution Architect role) which works in multiple projects/products.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
- Expert-level skills in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform/hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, SAP Cloud Platform or OpenStack)
- Ability to navigate the EY organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies
- Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- A broad understanding of EY Technology, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Strong collaboration abilities – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
- Conceptual and analytical skills – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Economics
- 15+ years overall IT industry experience, with 5+ years in a solution or technical architect role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using (Azure) IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Achieved one or more of the typical Solution Architecture certifications e.g. Microsoft, MS Azure Certification, TOGAF, AWS Cloud Certified, Pivotal, CISSIP, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2, CEH, SAFe, PMI, and SAP etc.
- Hand-on experience with:
- Claims-based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, JIT, and/or RBAC / Ping etc.
- Architecting Mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management
- Project financial management, solution plan development and product cost estimation
- Supporting peer teams and their responsibilities; such as infrastructure, operations, engineering, info-security
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Ansible, Puppet, Octopus, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Neo4j etc.
- Data management and data governance technologies
- AI and Machine Learning tools such as Azure ML etc
- Project and/or product management
- Architecting mobile applications that are either independent applications or supplementary addons (to intranet or extranet)
- Knowledge of:
- Cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau and understanding of analytics tools including Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Analytics, Data Lake Analytics
What we look for
We are looking for people who are self-starters, who can take initiative and get things done! If you can think critically and creatively to solve problems, you will excel in this role. You should be comfortable working with culturally diverse outsourced on/offshore team members which means you may be required to work outside of the normal working hours in your time zone to partner with other Client Technology staff globally. Some travel may also be required, both domestic and international.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more