Risk Control Project Specialist
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy delivering strategic projects together with a passionate team? Interested in risk matters and quantitative modelling? If you want to contribute to the Bank's portfolio of projects in model governance and model life cycle management area, then we are looking for you to:
• work with Model Developers on planning timelines, deliverables and project resourcing
• define project plans e.g. deliverables and roadmaps together with the Model Developers, Project Manager or Program Manager
• maintain model activities pipeline for all of the risk models within the team, with respect to cross-projects dependencies and limitations
• organize and host meetings, draft workshop presentations and be the team's key go-to person for projects and governance related questions
• manage program and project administration that will include progress reporting, resource forecasts
• support documentation of model lifecycle activities and the team's documentation management
• automate and improve efficiency of existing processes related to the model lifecycle and team's deliverables across various projects, come up with ideas and proactively challenge the status quo
You’ll be working within the ECL and Credit Stress Methodology team in Krakow. The team has members in Switzerland, Poland, USA and UK. Our role is to develop and maintain firm-wide credit risk models covering UBS's credit portfolios world-wide. The results of our models are used to assess the impact of macro-economic scenarios on the firm's profitability, financial statements, capital adequacy, etc. We interact with all Business Divisions and a number of departments across the bank (incl. Front Office, Finance, IT, Credit Risk Control, Business pricing / steering, etc.) on a daily basis.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Econometrics)
• experience with project management and planning
• knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and VBA
• knowledge of risk models and regulatory frameworks is a plus
• familiarity with model governance and model lifecycle management are a plus
• due diligent
• eager to learn and contribute
• an excellent communicator in English
• team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
• self-driven and pro-active in taking new initiatives and carrying them through completion
• certificate in Project Management (PMP, Prince, IPMA, Six Sigma etc.) is a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.