This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a candidate who would be responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by processing daily accounting related functions, ensuring funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion.The Fund Accountant is the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyzes the information received thereby, ensuring any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally. You would be joining KVG Insourcing Team at State Street Bank International GmbH which is primarily performing Back Office activities (Transaction processing, Income processing, Derivatives and other) for our clients in Germany.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate. SSGS’ tools help our clients to make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us in making your mark in the financial services industry from day one.
What you will be responsible for:
- Calculating Net Asset Value ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Completing fund accountant checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Ensuring agreed timelines are adhered to
- Reviewing fund evaluation components.
- Involvement in departmental adhoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Making recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Resolving review points highlighted by senior fund accountants and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Undertaking appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
- Working with Senior Fund Accountant / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Participating in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Taking responsibility for personal development and training.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Take Ownership and Initiative
- Ensure accuracy and quality
- Communicate Effectively
- Display Insight & Influence
- Foster Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Advanced written and spoken English and intermediate/communicative German
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms