German to Italian Translator
Digital, Finance, Fund Services, Information Technology (IT), Investment Banking, Legal, Management and Business Support, Marketing and Communications, Product Management and Development, Research, Sales, Sales and trading
Personal & Corporate Banking
Job Reference #
Are you an experienced translator, ideally with marketing and/or banking background? Are you passionate about languages? We're looking for someone like you to:
• translate and transcreate marketing materials from German into Italian (magazine inserts, brochures, ads, videos, presentations, webpages etc.)
• develop your understanding of our organization and how we communicate with the world
• help us to pass the right message in your target language (Italian)
• with time and experience, become an expert in UBS style and tone of voice
• understand and take into account expectations and linguistic habits of different regional groups (i.e. Ticino);
• manage glossaries and TMs
• build knowledge and share it within the team.
Your workplace is the UBS Service Center in Wroclaw, Poland, a buzzing international hub and former European Capital of Culture. We are expanding our translation team specialized in marketing and banking translations. Please note that this is an in-house role.
We offer a stable working environment within a diverse team of expats. As a full-fledged member of the team, you will be able to grow as a translator, both in terms of CAT software usage and terminology development.
A relocation package is subject to discussions with the right candidates.
• native or native like in Italian with a very sound knowledge of German
• experienced with CAT tools (Trados preferred);
• able to work in a sometimes highly pressurized production environment
• precise and creative
• ready to relocate and work in a young and dynamic team in Wroclaw / Poland
• BA or MA in philology or applied linguistics, or a post-graduate degree in translation
• ideally three years of experience in translation of high-quality marketing materials
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.