Who we are looking for?
You! You will be the brains behind our work. Are you interested in broadening your knowledge about fund industry? Are you a detail-oriented person? Are you a true team player? If your answer is yes, then – yes! – we are looking for you! Join us and we will equip you with the knowledge and training that you need to play a valuable role in your team and establish a long term career with us here at State Street.
What you will be responsible for:
The Depositary Analyst is responsible for performing the wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions in accordance with AIFMD and UCITS and any local regulations and restrictions.
Key Depositary Responsibilities:
Performance of oversight checks and controls across a portfolio of clients, including:
- Cash monitoring activities on a daily basis (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Safekeeping of assets work on a daily basis (custody on book/off book, asset ownership verification, registration and reconciliation).
- Regulatory reports preparation, depositary oversight activity including checks on valuation (NAV calculation).
- Reconciliations of specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.; identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- NAV calculation: performing controls and understanding the drivers of NAV calculation, verifying income distribution calculations; ensuring that the receivable and payable accounts linked to shareholder activity are in good order.
- Trade settlement, income and cash controls.
- Investment Restriction Compliance: identify and report breaches.
- Transfer Agency activity and verification of the output of the reconciliation of the collection account.
- Collection, preparation, analysis and review of relevant documentation in support to the daily tasks: ISDA, CSA, due diligence questionnaires, depositary check-lists, Perfect View, KPIs, etc.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Co-operation in creating risk assessment to detect and identify items and actions in need of further investigation.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Manager and/or SA.
- Collaboration with the all team members on an ongoing basis.
- Involvement in the training and development of less experienced team members.
- Collaboration to propose changes in processes and in procedures following LEAN approach.
- Supporting and assisting Team Supervisor if required.
- Controlling the quality of the work done by less experienced team members when requested and/or when necessary.
- Delivering the service within internal and external deadlines in accordance to SLAs, procedures, job aids any relevant documentation.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Organizational skills and effective time management in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records.
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- General financial market knowledge.
- Basic understanding of investment fund structures and fund administration.
- Basic knowledge about UCITS V and AIFMD regulations.
- Good level of English (and where required, all other languages relevant to the role that the candidate is applying for).
- Competitive Remuneration Package: base salary and annual performance-based review.
- Regular employment contract.
- Generous leave entitlements including: a maximum of 26 days as an annual level, Birthday Holiday, Anniversary Days Off (3rd and 5th year of work service), up to 4 volunteering days.
- Comprehensive benefits offering – Gold Medical package, Contributory Pension scheme, Life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, foreign language classes fully paid by employer, Social Fund (sports card), eye care assistance – glasses refund.
- Comprehensive training and career development programs focused on both technical and soft skills.
- Global BeWell Programme focused on employees financial, emotional and physical health.
- Work life balance: State Street encourages employees to maintain a work life balance that enables them to achieve an equilibrium between work, family and personal obligations that is supported by our flexible working policy, which includes Balanced Work Scheme and Time Off in Lieu.
- Supporting local communities (volunteering) and opportunities for employees to contribute to charities.
- We are leaders in the marketplace in respect of inclusion and diversity because we believe that diverse teams perform better and inclusive organizations are better places for people to work.
- Modern facilities and offices with excellent transport links.
- Coffee dock stations, shower & changing facilities, locker rooms and car/bike parking spaces available for all employees.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined:
- Showing initiative attitude.
- Ability to work individually and in teams in a deadline driven environment.
- Ensuring understanding, accuracy and quality of performed tasks.
- Ability to escalate detected issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Providing high quality of service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude towards development and trainings offered (soft and technical skills).
- Proactively identify and address own knowledge gaps and risks connected to tasks assigned.
- Proactive engagement in additional projects.
- Propose new solutions and process improvement ideas.
- Collaboration in reviewing the activities on an ongoing basis.
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street