Finance Analyst in Group Strategic Planning
Job Reference #
Do you have a background in financial analysis and planning and a keen understanding / interest of banking and financial services?
We're looking for a motivated self-starter to join our team as a Finance Analyst with the following objectives:
- Contribute to the development and presentation of regular and ad hoc analysis to the Group's senior management and regulators, including the Group strategic plan, forecasting activities, and business reviews.
- Develop analyses to support decisions on, e.g., capital and financial resource allocation and financial targets.
- Support the team in overall coordination and process management, including contributing to the development of the Group-wide planning tool.
Group Strategic Planning (GSP) is a team within Group Performance assessment & Analytics that provides analysis and advice to the Group’s senior decision making bodies.
GSP steers the UBS planning process globally, develops the 1 Year Operating Plan and 3 Year Strategic Plan in cooperation with stakeholders across the Group, and assesses performance against plan throughout the year.
In addition, GSP supports the Business Divisions in the execution of their strategy and is involved in Group strategic projects with a focus on Finance topics.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in finance / planning and analysis roles, preferably with a focus in the financial services industry.
• Some experience with financial modelling and project management skills desirable.
• Ability to handle a diverse portfolio and a strong team player committed to working towards common goals.
• Sound understanding of financial accounting is required, with knowledge of Regulatory capital rules and understanding of risk management desirable.
• Academic background in economics, business administration or accounting.
• Excellent command of English (written/oral).
• MS Office proficiency is required, experience with IBM Cognos TM1 is desirable.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.