Who we are looking for
The Operations Specialist SME in PERE team, who under supervision of Depositary Manager/Senior Depositary Manager, engages in overall business specific tasks, in supporting various projects within teams as well as special analysis and initiatives relating to knowledge based aspects of the business.
The Operations Specialist SME provides support to Depositary Manager/Senior Depositary Manager and German Depositary teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship — for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer — across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Operations Specialist SME you will
- Takes a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluates their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiates remedial action as necessary. Ensures documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participates as a SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provides regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in various daily/weekly/monthly tasks. Is a business champion in processes delivered by German Depositary department. Provides support to processing teams, is able to share expertise, provide explanation and guidance.
- Acts as central point of contact for process issues encountered in the daily business. Tracks issue trends and escalate as needed.
- Overviews and controls the deliverables (quality checks).
- Supports BAU if required.
- the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Provides knowledge and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensures proper governance and controls are in place. Performs post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Works closely with Training Department and business lines to identify training needs within the team. Ensures that those needs are met by delivering training sessions to staff on agreed topics.
- Drives CI and Lean initiatives. Looks for waste throughout the processes and teams and eliminate them. Aims for standardization and automation.
- Takes part in business transitions outside of Poland if necessary. Monitors migrated tasks post transition.
- Delivers walkthrough for the auditors. Is engaged in the pre-audit work, prepares audit samples and drives remedy actions execution to close the findings in a timely manner.
- Contributes in productivity monitoring and seeks ways to improve individual as well as team productivity in accordance with Poland goals.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects (processing side).
- Maintains standards of personal and professional performance/behavior
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work.
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Manager informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrates collaboration with other teams and departments.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Principals of regulations: AIFMD, UCITS, KAGB
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and excellent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Systems knowledge: MCH, eHorizon, MyView, AOM
- End to end process understanding
- A thorough understanding of depositary rules is required
- Excellent English.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.