Financial and Regulatory Reporting Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you a qualified Accountant with an interest in regulatory frameworks and in analyzing and substantiating financial information and impact on regulatory metrics? Do you have a treasury or controlling background, strong communication skills (written and spoken English) and an ability to work well across an international team? We’re looking for a motivated and proactive individual to:
– Validate the transformation of core financial information and other inputs into liquidity and funding metrics that is prepared for the Group and various other scopes with various frequency (daily, monthly, quarterly, annual)
– understand factors impacting our liquidity and funding metrics from a product, divisional and entity perspective
– operate with a controller mindset, working closely with other finance teams and business stakeholders globally to support the delivery of high-quality regulatory metric information, including analysis and preparation of internal control documentation, follow-up on issues preparation of robust documentation for senior stakeholders
– contribute insights to change initiatives, including implementation of new or amended regulatory requirements and enhancements to regulatory metrics reporting and related IT infrastructure
– identify, and act on, opportunities to optimize internal controls, analytical review procedures and other processes.
You will be part of the Liquidity & Funding Controlling team, working in Poland, within the Group and Entity Accounting & Controlling organization.
We are an international team, responsible for oversight of the global daily and monthly financial close processes and preparation and analysis of internal, regulatory and external financial reporting (including the UBS Group Financial Statements). We have the objective of achieving high-quality financial and regulatory reporting, transparent and agile internal control reporting and ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements. By delivering internal, external and regulatory reporting that is accurate, timely and provides valuable insights, our team plays a vital role in supporting management decision making and in protecting the firm's financial reputation.
We aim to develop subject matter experts in the regulatory controlling and reporting space who can communicate effectively with senior stakeholders. We seek to continually challenge and enhance processes and controls, build further transparency and insights into our reporting products and identify opportunities for efficiency / automation. With these goals in mind, we are regularly engaged in change initiatives (accounting-, regulatory framework requirement-, reporting- and infrastructure-related) together with other stakeholders in the Group.
We offer an opportunity to leverage and further develop varied skillsets in an inclusive, dynamic and fast-paced environment!
– qualified accounting designation (CPA, ACCA, or equivalent) or University Degree in Finance / Accounting
– at least 3 years of work experience with a comparable financial institution or a Big 4 company
– strong technical accounting background (e.g., IFRS, US GAAP, etc.) and comfort working independently on regulatory reporting and controlling topics
– excellent English skills, with an ability to communicate ideas in a clear and concise way, and interest in building relationships across an international team
– robust analytical skills and an inquisitive nature, with a knowledge of, or interest in learning about, banking topics (e.g., financial markets and products, risk management, etc.)
– an ability to learn quickly and work efficiently, with flexibility to rotate between different reporting and controlling tasks
– an affinity for digital tools and basic programming
– a self-starter, with strong execution and delivery focus
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– open-minded and flexible, with an interest in continuous improvement
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.