Business Risk Team Leader
Business management, administration and support, Risk
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
This will be part of the control performance team supporting teams across UK WM Business Risk Organization. As a Business Risk Specialist you will be responsible for supporting the Business Risk Organization in their effective evaluation and management of operational risk incurred through the daily activity of the GWM UK business.
We're looking for a Business Risk Team Leader, who will be responsible for:
• execution and issuing of primarily Front Office related risk controls -these controls are part of the GWM UK Control Framework and may be sent weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually - the team produce the data and send exceptions/deficiencies to Desk Heads who then undertake the associated remediation
• risk reporting - on a quarterly basis you will be responsible for producing comprehensive risk reports. These reports contain 3 key pieces of information: team stats, risk metrics and comprehensive action plans. In addition to producing these reports, you will be responsible for ensuring the risks identified are addressed and mitigated in a timely manner
• identifying risk hotspots and trends. Using the data from the controls and risk reports, you will be responsible for identifying red flags and trends and addressing these with the Front Office
• coaching and training - a great deal of time will be spent providing coaching to the Front Office - where individuals or teams are failing in their controls, you will be pro-active in ensuring this is addressed by offering additional coaching
• responsible for delivering risk training to new joiners in your teams and, where new processes or regulations are introduced, you will deliver training to a wider audience as required
• representing the Risk Team in project working groups as required
You’ll be working in the Business Risk Organisation (BRO) team. We are responsible for the execution of large elements of the control framework, particularly focusing on Suitability, Product Governance, Employee Competence/Supervision, Fraud and Transaction Capture/Execution. The role is based in Wroclaw.
We also act as an advisor and partner to the business around a wide manner of risk issues as they arise from change projects, new business, emerging issues or regulatory change. You will play a crucial role in exercising active risk management, interfacing with local management, team heads, desk heads, product and operation team heads, as well as local and global risk control functions.
As a Business Risk Specialist within the team, your role will require direct interaction with the Front Office, as well as co-ordination of the team’s activities.
• university degree
• proven experience in risk management, compliance, audit or training background, as well as Team Leadership or Team Coordination experience
• strong Excel skills
• relevant experience in comparable roles in Private Banking, preferably with understanding of Wealth Management processes in desirable.
• self-starter who is able to work both independently and within a team
• excellent English communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business
• analytical approach coupled with an eye for attention to detail and accuracy
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.