DescriptionThe Compliance Officer is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities for the Agent Oversight Program. The Compliance Officer III will partner and liaison with business unit representatives to ensure agent policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable; captures regulatory requirements and enterprise programs and policies. The position will have responsibilities to liaison with state and federal regulators and other regulatory bodies as applicable.
- Executes on established enterprise compliance programs, principles, standards, policy and oversight expectations.
- Ensures program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk.
- Communicates policy goals for area of expertise, ensuring application across the enterprise.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
- Communicates MoneyGram policy to stakeholders.
- Develops Agent facing communications.
- Provides agent and employee training.
- Identifies opportunities to improve MoneyGram training and education methods and materials.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of compliance training materials.
- Provides Agent Oversight guidance and support to the Regional Compliance Teams.
- Provides reporting and metrics for applicable area of expertise.
- Validates controls for applicable area of expertise and recommends and/or implements changes as necessary.
- Maintains and keeps current tracking logs for area of expertise.
- Analyzes reports and drives change according to emerging regulations and identified trends.
- Prepares and delivers clear presentations appropriate for audience.
- Participates in IT program enhancements.
- Liaisons with regulators, law enforcement and industry members at the direction of the Regional Compliance Manager.
- Participates in industry councils and associations.
- Analyzes impacts of proposed regulation and drafts associated position papers.
- Represents MoneyGram's Compliance Program to external audiences, including agents and banking partners.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with policy expectations.
- Provides agent and employee training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5-7 years' work experience as a subject matter expert in compliance in a banking or financial services environment.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred utside of US; required US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures, preferred.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations, preferred.
- Fluent bilingual communication skills highly preferred.