Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance – both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund – this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
Stryker’s Internal Audit department is searching for a Senior Internal Auditor in Warsaw (Poland) to compliment the European team. The Senior Auditor will assist or lead the effective planning and execution of financial, operational & compliance audits and other special projects.
We are looking for someone with a true passion for auditing, working in teams and travelling. The position is in Warsaw (Poland), will require about 25-30% travel for work (under normal circumstances) and reports to the Senior Manager located in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
The Senior Auditor will have visibility to Stryker’s operations, regular interaction with personnel from various departments and exposure to shared service center, divisional and corporate management.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
Stryker is a constantly growing Fortune 500 company and ranked as being one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune.
About our Internal Audit department
- Stryker’s Internal Audit department is a high performing internal audit function that collectively provides assurance services and guidance to Stryker’s management to increase the likelihood that Stryker will accomplish its business objectives. The IA department is:
- A global, corporate department with 20+ auditors across the globe with experience in finance, accounting, audit and IT.
- Located in the US, Europe and Asia and covers Stryker activities worldwide.
- Dedicated to developing talent and focused on the career developments of its team members.
What you will do
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders within the newly established Shared Service Center in Warsaw and a wide range of stakeholders within the company.
- Perform planning procedures, such as determining the audit scope, audit procedures and engagement budget, and preparing document request lists.
- Perform and document testing procedures in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker IA policies.
- Conduct interviews with company personnel.
- Supervise and coach our audit staff and external resources assigned to engagements.
- Communicate work progress and issues to project leads or managers.
- Monitor management's action plans and remediation.
- Perform and utilize data analytics tools and techniques.
- Represent, uphold and promote a positive image of Internal Audit at Stryker.
- Contribute to IA's positive and engaging work environment.
What we are looking for
- High performer. A self-motivated individual who can consistently meet or exceed expectations and who is driven to complete projects within established time and budget guidelines.
- Growth mindset. Growth-oriented individual who aspires to develop in their new role and take on additional responsibilities within Internal Audit and across Stryker.
- Team player. Someone who can effectively collaborate and build relationships with others in the Global IA Team and with local management.
- Skilled auditor. Someone who can complete testing with minimal supervision, enjoys digging into details of processes and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques, practices and procedures across financial accounts and processes.
- Strong communicator. An experienced auditor who can concisely communicate in writing and verbally (in English) with team members and stakeholders in a manner that establishes trust, builds relationships and promotes accountability.
What you need
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3-5 years of audit, accounting or other relevant industry experience.
- CPA, CIA, ACCA or other equivalent certification preferred.
- Public accounting experience (BIG-4) preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint (data analytic tools preferred).
- Familiarity with US-GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act requirements, COSO framework of internal controls and the IIA Professional Auditing Standards preferred.