Tech Internship: Research Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Temporary / Contract
Are you interested in technology and business model innovation in financial services?
Would you like to learn more about topics such as fintech APIs, digital investment management, ESG finance, AI, digital identity or metaverse?
Do you want to help others develop products, strategies and identify partners to navigate this changing landscape?
Would you like to practice getting things done in an agile manner or using an analytical approach to solve problems?
We are looking for a Research Analyst Intern to:
• find and review relevant, high quality research on emerging technologies and fintech
• review fintech market news and summarize them in a weekly newsletter
• support UBS staff in finding the right information and connecting with industry analysts
• contribute to research on fintech and emerging technology trends
• depending on your profile: update internal data reporting, or contribute to communication and UX for the internal research portal
UBS Next Radar is a small and diverse team managing research content and tools which are used by UBS’ strategists, architects, product and project managers, and a broad UBS audience interested in innovation and technology.
UBS Next is the venture and innovation unit of UBS group. We conduct applied research and exploration in the latest business models and emerging technology shaping the future of finance. We make strategic investments in fintech and tech companies and execute innovation projects in our incubator. We aim to move at a start-up speed within a regulated bank. We make strategic investments in fintech and tech companies and execute innovation projects in our incubator. Our investments since the launch in 2021 include BigPanda (AI operations), Trust & Will (digital trusts and wills) and Endowus (digital investment platform).
• professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
• basic understanding of and interest in learning about IT and the financial services industry
• very good communication skills
• naturally curious, interested in exploring new areas
• able to work independently as well as collaborate with a team
• pursuing a university degree or a recent graduate
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.