Data Analytics & Automation
Job Reference #
Do you have a working knowledge of Python, SQL, SAS or Java? Are you a fan of data analytics and intelligent automation ?
The Group Compliance and Regulatory Governance (GCRG) COO, Monitoring Surveillance & Control (MS&C) Analytics, Automation and Platform team seeks a Data and Analytics Engineer to prototype and develop innovative data analytics solutions and visualisation tools for Monitoring Surveillance & Control (MS&C) using data from our surveillance systems
• perform application development for database core component.
• Experience converting ideas into quick prototypes for presentation.
develop insights using data from our surveillance systems and assist in identifying new risks and reducing false positives
• utilize cutting edge tools and techniques to develop intelligent automation
• present our findings to stakeholders and work with our IT teams to bring solutions into production
• work with SMEs across GCRG to analyse problems and come up with technical solutions
• develop and deploy analytics applications, and help support and maintain the solutions that we develop
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
Your team• You'll be working in our Group Compliance and Regulatory Governance COO Data Analytics and Automation team, which is part of our Monitoring, Surveillance and Control
(MS&C) Analytics, Automation & Platforms function in Krakow. We are a positive-minded team of Data Analytics, Automation Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Analysts
who are responsible for the design and delivery of new trade surveillance tools, analytics platforms, automation and visualisations for our client-across trade surveillance,
eComms, AML transaction monitoring and conduct compliance functions and associated teams.
• Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our
• professional experience or a university degree in computer science , Data Analytics or Data Science or related degrees
• experience in data analytics programming languages such as Python, SQL or SAS
• understanding of code versioning and associated tools (e.g. GitHub, Mercurial, Subversion)
• detail-oriented - your work looks and is great
• happy dealing with ambiguity and demanding global stakeholders
• iterative, always looking to improve
• excited by new technologies and with a willingness to learn new skills and think about complex problems
• fl uent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.