Who we are looking for
This position will work with the Controller Team that supports various business areas and legal entities within the Organization. This position will proactively and effectively partner with regional Business and Finance leadership to identify areas for improvement and efficiencies and to implement best practices with regards to processes and internal controls impacting financial reporting while ensuring regulatory compliance and building excellent cross-functional relationships in EMEA and overseas locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Controller you will
- Support monthly, quarterly and yearly closing processes and review/analysis of financial results supporting geographies, businesses and legal entities
- Act as point of contact for legal entities and ensure proper application of Corporate Accounting guidelines
- Implement and ensure compliance with US GAAP and German GAAP accounting rules
- Partner with various departments in State Street such as Global Accounting Operations, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure accuracy of financial results and that internal controls are appropriately designed and executed
- Communicate with external auditors and regulators
- Partner with regional Finance leadership on new product launches, strategic growth & infrastructure build outs and assist/lead Finance related special projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance; a CPA and/or CFA designation is beneficial
- Several years’ accounting and financial reporting experience in the financial services industry and general understanding of financial products; alternatively, Financial Services audit experience at an adequate audit firm
- Proficiency in the use of German GAAP and experience with US GAAP and/or IFRS required as well as consolidation experience under German GAAP
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills coupled with a strong track record of executing against goals
- Understanding of internal controls and ability to perform assessments and issue resolution
- Ideally, experience with global group structures and intercompany relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels and strong intercultural skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and work under time constraints
- Fluent in English; German language skills beneficial
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.