Model Risk Control – Project Coordinator
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working with projects and processes? Do you like to interact with internal and external stakeholders?
Are you detail oriented and possess methodical planning skills? Are you keen to deepen your Risk Model knowledge?
We're looking for a Model Risk Control Project Coordinator to take on a multifaceted role, where you will:
• assume a coordinator role in upcoming model-validation related projects, such as: FINMA LPA and FINMA ICAAP assessments, IT automation and simplification of current validation processes
• manage and improve exiting RtB process “Non-model estimates”
• engage with internal and external stakeholders from risk methodology, finance, risk control audit and regulators
• provide administrative support to Head MRMC Finance Models
You will be working in the Model Risk Management & Control (MRMC) team in Kraków. We are a team of approximately 20 people, located in Zurich, London, Kraków and India, that is responsible for the independent validation of Finance models used within UBS. In particular, we validate models used for fair-value calculations (NAV, DCF, etc.) and business forecasting, and hedge-accounting models. We are also the MRMC interface for selected regulatory deliveries to our home regulator FINMA.
• ability to work under pressure and to deliver on strict deadlines in a timely manner
• strong MS Office skills including Excel
• excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
• prior experience and interest in the financial-services industry, preferably in risk management
• basic knowledge of finance models and financial valuation techniques, econometrics, financial markets and products
• prior experience in project coordination/management would be a plus
• prior use of Latex would be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.