Who we are looking for:
Have you ever wondered how market risk analytics are calculated and reported for the World’s biggest asset owners and asset managers? State Street Risk Analytics Department in Poland in cooperation with our colleagues in Dublin, Singapore, Frankfurt, Toronto and New York is doing that for 250 clients across the Globe and we are now looking for graduates to support our operations in Krakow. A great opportunity to kickstart your career in a multinational market risk environment.
State Street Risk Analytics combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
State Street Risk Analytics’ truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity.
Duration: 5 months
"We have our new group of interns starting every month. You will be aligned with the closest start date that suits your availability"
Overview of State street internship
State Street’s Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity to work and learn about our organization, our culture and how we do business on a day-to-day basis. Apart from on-the-job training, you will join other interns in a coordinated learning program that comprises of an induction program and series of “lunch and learn” sessions, to provide you with an overview of our organization and our products. You will be paired up with a ‘buddy’, who can offer you their experience, knowledge, and guidance throughout the internship. Very often, interns who perform and exceed expectations will be considered for hiring on the full-time regular positions after or even during the program.
- Processing of client holdings data
- Day to day client servicing through risk reporting across several locations in US, EMEA and APAC
- Performing daily reconciliations on a range of data and risk analytics, including Value-at-Risk, sensitivity measures and stress testing results
- Working co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Providing adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes
- Assisting senior risk analysts with ad-hoc client queries
- Other duties as assigned
- Participating in local training sessions for skills development
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/ Finance/ Mathematics (can be in progress)
- Understanding of financial products, models and methodologies
- Knowledge of risk analytics like value at risk (VaR), option pricing, profit and loss, statistical & distributional analytics would be an advantage
- Willingness to learn, “can do” attitude
- Strong Excel skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Demonstrated commitment to detail
- Basic knowledge of SQL an advantage
We are looking for candidates, who can potentially be hired for permanent position and will be available for full-time job as of Autumn/Winter 2022.
What’s In It For You?
- Kick-start of Your career in finance
- International and dynamic work environment
- Insight into a number of areas such as market risk, liquidity risk, derivatives pricing, financial regulations, client servicing
- Training and support throughout the internship
- Possibility to work remotely
- Elastic working hours
- Private medical care
- Life and health insurance
- Multisport card
- Growth of your professional network by joining Employee Group Committees
- Friendly atmosphere