Who we are looking for
As an AIS PERA Fund Accountant you will be a part of our team responsible for reporting for our Private Equity or Real Assets fund clients. You will be responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by processing daily accounting related functions, ensuring funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion.
We are looking for a committed candidate who will act as the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyze the information received thereby, ensuring any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally.
The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting and fund administration services to hedge and private equity funds.
PERA is the fastest growing sector of the funds industry with huge potential for additional client take-ons and expansion within existing clients into diverse assets classes such as Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Hybrid models.
We continue to see a steady stream of growth in scale and complexity across the client base. This is expected to continue long into the future as the industry grows and matures.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Calculating Net Asset Value ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Comparing and confirming account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, researching any discrepancies
- Ensuring agreed timelines are adhered to
- Preparing capital call and distribution calculations and related notices to investors
- Preparing periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Preparing quarterly management fee calculations
- Preparing waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
- Resolving review points highlighted by senior fund accountants and manager and ensure they are kept informed of progress
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary
- Taking responsibility for personal development and training.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Participating in special client or internal projects as required
- Working with Manager to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Take Ownership and Initiative
- Ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide outstanding service
- Communicate Effectively
- Display Insight & Influence
- Foster Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold Medical Package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs