The Compliance Operations Oversight Analyst is responsible for addressing results of quality assurance evaluations performed by Compliance QA, as well as providing feedback, refresher and upskilling training to Partner Onboarding personnel. Incumbents in this role will partner closely with compliance groups to improve processes, address escalated issues, etc. and function as a subject matter expert and departmental lead. Additionally, incumbents in this role will assist in providing recommendations to aid in decision making on extremely complex issues.
- Reviews incoming applications for non-cash partners for completeness and accuracy.
- Compiles background information and performs background checks on individuals and businesses by evaluating data gathered.
- Assists in conducting internal and external research regarding regulatory risk making decisions on new and existing agent applications based on risk to the organization.
- Assists with completion and documentation of summary of research and decision-making.
- Maintains knowledge of internal policies and procedures and the adherence thereof.
- Effectively adheres to process improvements set forth by the management pertaining to policies, operational procedures, and training materials.
- Interacts with internal and external partners as needed to research and resolve applications.
- Assess business ownership infrastructure and identify risks, documenting findings, ensuring that line management is apprised of key issues, risks, and the appropriate monitoring to mitigate risk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in law enforcement, legal studies, accounting or related field.
- Current education/learning of both domestic and international AML industry standards/regulations.
- 2+ years of work experience in due diligence or fraud investigations.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to employ tact and to appropriately adjust communications when interacting with individuals at varying levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated investigative and analytical skills, ability to find, evaluate risk-based information from internal and external sources.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally.
- PC Skills, including Internet Research, Microsoft Excel, Access, Word; ability to learn new database applications.
- Demonstrate ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally.
- Knowledge of International, Federal and/or State anti-money laundering compliance, preferred.
- Fluent bilingual communication skills in English and ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse agent base.