Financial Analyst - Automation Solutions
Job Reference #
Do you have a finance or accounting background and an interest in analyzing and substantiating financial information, leveraging digital tools? Do you have an ability to communicate clearly and work well across an international team? We’re looking for a motivated and proactive individual to:
– Analyse and provide transparent insights on financial data, including a focus on derivatives and structured products, in order to support the preparation of high-quality financial and regulatory reporting
– develop automated solutions and work with digital tools, helping to build further expertise within the team in this area (e.g., Alteryx, PowerBi, Python)
– drive the preparation and validation of high-quality financial information, including creating transparent insights (e.g., through use of dashboards) for internal financial close and controlling purposes
– operate with a controller mindset, understanding risks and controls and working closely with stakeholders in other finance teams globally
– identify, and act on, opportunities to optimize internal controls, analytical review procedures and other processes
You will be part of the Financial Accounting & Consolidation team, working in Krakow or Wroclaw, within the Group and Entity Accounting & Controlling organization.
We are an international team, responsible for oversight of the global daily and monthly financial close processes and preparation and analysis of internal, regulatory and external financial reporting (including the UBS Group Financial Statements). We have the objective of achieving high-quality financial reporting, transparent and agile internal control reporting and ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements. By delivering internal, external and regulatory reporting that is accurate, timely and provides valuable insights, our team plays a vital role in supporting management decision making and in protecting the firm's financial reputation.
We aim to develop subject matter experts in the accounting and financial reporting space who can communicate effectively with senior stakeholders. We seek to continually challenge and enhance processes and controls, build further transparency and insights into our reporting products and identify opportunities for efficiency / automation. With these goals in mind, we are regularly engaged in change initiatives (accounting, reporting and infrastructure related) together with other stakeholders in the Group.
We offer an opportunity to leverage and further develop varied skillsets in an inclusive, dynamic and fast-paced environment with hybrid work optionality!
– a University Degree in Finance / Accounting or a qualified accounting designation (CPA, ACCA, or equivalent), with experience in working with accounting standards (e.g., IFRS, US GAAP, etc.)
– at least 3 years of work experience with a comparable financial institution or a Big 4 company
– affinity for digital tools and basic programming - existing knowledge is a benefit, ability to build expertise in this area is a must
– experience working with financial reporting infrastructure (e.g., SAP BI, Analysis for Office, BusinessObjects) and data sourcing, including report design, is a benefit
– robust analytical skills and an inquisitive nature, with a knowledge of, or interest in learning about, banking topics (e.g., financial markets and products, risk management, etc.)
– a confident communicator (written and verbal)
– a quick learner, with interest in financial markets and products and application of digital tools
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– open-minded and flexible, with an interest in continuous improvement
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.