Better Care for a Better World.
Huggies®. Kleenex®. Cottonelle®. Scott®. Kotex®. Poise®. Depend®. 25% of people in the world use Kimberly-Clark products every day. And it takes the right people, in the right jobs and the right places, to make that happen.
At Kimberly-Clark, you’ll be part of the best teams committed to driving innovation and growth. We’re founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we’re always looking for new and better ways to perform—so what can you do with that? There’s no time like the present to make an impact at Kimberly-Clark. It’s all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
Senior Product Safety Associate-Materials is responsible for the acquisition, database management, reporting, and assessment of ingredient and raw material composition, chemical safety information, supplier technical data and other compliance information to support the integration, assessment and regulatory compliance of new ingredients and raw materials introduced into the Kimberly-Clark product portfolio. This position is located in Krakow, Poland.
Additional key responsibilities include providing leadership to external service providers, managing campaign reassignments, and continuously improving the data acquisition program. The incumbent will also interact with staff toxicologists and chemical compliance professionals to support various product safety, stewardship and compliance assessments and programs.
It Starts with YOU
- Point of contact for the KC External Contract Service Provider (Anthesis) by participating in bi-weekly meetings, providing agenda items, and managing action items.
- Manage ETQ reassignments
- Complete Weekly Anthesis Campaign Exports.
- Continuously improve the data acquisition program by creating and managing questionnaires, maintaining campaign schedule and email templates, dashboard, and creating and updating written instructions and procedures.
- Provide training to new K-C contract employees in the data acquisition process and SAPEHS record building process.
- Assess K-C supplier information and documentation for completeness, differentiate credible data from questionable data, and conduct chemical compliance assessments for the raw material.
- Engage K-C suppliers in order to obtain material disclosures, required compliance information, compositional information and additional test data for raw material and chemical level ingredients for safety evaluation, regulatory registration or notification programs such as European or Korean REACH, EU RoHS, US TSCA, China New Chemical Substances regulation, etc. Manage and maintain key stewardship contacts for suppliers.
- Follow standardized strategy for record creation and document review of supplier data and declarations for quality and completion. Ensure data entered into SAP EHS for raw materials and ingredients is maintained with high quality standards in accordance with data models developed to support product safety, product stewardship, and chemical regulation compliance. Summarize ingredient and material properties and compliance data and create output reports.
- Facilitate programs to ensure supplier compliance to restricted substances, residuals management and initiatives to proactively eliminate, reduce or replace chemical constituents within the supply chain.
- Initiate business workflows and provide data inputs and/or other required information to process material supplier agreements (e.g., confidentiality disclosures, supplier quality agreements, etc.), SAP Purchase Order requisitions, Supplier Quality Management scorecards, and SAP supplier and chemical management data analyses.
- Evaluate, appropriately process and respond to incoming internal requests for technical, chemical compliance, product safety support assistance or external customer inquiries. Identify, and escalate as appropriate potential problems or issues, technical or chemical compliance issues or material changes that may impact Kimberly-Clark products or business sectors globally.
- Provide input to innovative approaches and continuous improvements to the entry and management of chemical, ingredient and raw material chemical information.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge and understanding of K-C raw materials, supply chain and products, and technical and professional skills through continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical field with 3-5 years relevant prior experience, or Master’s degree and 1-2 years prior relevant experience.
- Strong IT literacy and familiarity with organizing large sets of chemical safety and regulatory data, research/product safety testing report information and the entering of these data into SAP EHS or similar type databases.
- Knowledge of chemical safety regulations globally, product stewardship, and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) standards.
- Attention to detail with an ability to understand the inter-connectivity of data.
- Ability to independently prioritize work tasks and adjust quickly to changing project priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer rapport while driving solutions to meet business needs, identify and escalate as appropriate potential problems or issues.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills with demonstrated proficiency in working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate fluently (speak, read, write) in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working within SAP database environments and Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.) - preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
Our belief in promoting a healthy work-life balance drives us to support our employees’ total well-being, offering comprehensive benefits not limited to Private Medical, Dental and Vision Plan; Life Insurance, Social Fund and Cafeteria Platform with an individual budget available to spend on many offers, including MultiSport, and more... We offer a wide range of soft skills training available for every employee.
Certain benefits, such as flexible work schedules can be tailored to meet specific individual needs, giving our employees the flexibility to manage their commitments inside and outside of work. Forbes named Kimberly-Clark one of the World's Best Employers of 2022. For 150 years, we've been cultivating a workplace that brings out the best in everyone, and we look forward for the years to come.
To Be Considered
Click the Apply button and complete the online application process. A member of our recruiting team will review your application and follow up if you seem like a great fit for this role.
In the meantime, check out the careers website. You’ll want to review this and come prepared with relevant questions if and when you pass GO and begin interviews.
And finally, the fine print…
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.