The Commercial Analyst is responsible for the establishment of specialized, high level financial and commercial analysis and insights to enable the business to make informed decisions and drive organizational action within EEMEA. The incumbent will combine strong business acumen with technical expertise in order to use data in strategic storytelling and providing strong analytic insights and recommendations to our business leaders.
- Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation
- Consistently meets service delivery expectations based on input from the business
- Responsible to live and exemplify Stryker’s Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance
- Gather and build data dashboard/analytic plan for EEMEA with vision of “single source of truth” philosophy. Develop timeline, budget and resource requirements to deliver on plan
- Build strong relationships across the division to ensure alignment on data footprint, utilize existing dashboards/platforms, and technology strategy
- Identify and implement BI tools required to support Division/Country leaders in their decision-making process
- Responsible for analysis, including framing and negotiating standardized analytical objectives with senior commercial leaders, sourcing relevant data, building dashboards and/or coordinating with functional areas including Operations and Finance to deploy required dashboards
- Develop visualization/graphical mastery and dashboarding solutions that transform “mountains of data” into visualizations that provoke action and drive decision making
- Use data analytics to perform in-depth analysis and present actionable insights to stakeholders in timely and effective manner, including identifying risks and opportunities for key stakeholders
- Develop training programs and/or communication for end users on deployment of new dashboards and tools ensuring strong change management and adoption protocol
- Continuously maintain data sources, ensuring data integrity and prevent data issues from arising
- Gather competitive and industry market data through digital solution and/or published information e.g., procedures, hospitals etc. to identify emerging trends in segments/channels
- Responsible for new territory management process and new system implementation, including sales commission calculation across EEMEA.
- Support of Sales Force initiatives such as yearly territory and target setting, quota achievement, sales force compensation, sales force performance
- Effectively manage projects to a timely completion observing budget and communication expectations
- Establish key metrics for all activities and undertake any monitoring to understand the return on investment of key initiatives
- Forecast Sales growth for multiple timeframes and ensure forecast accuracy is achieved.
- Introduce new opportunities, and make recommendations to drive process improvements and increase productivity (simpler, faster)
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to handle multiple priorities and manage projects to a timely conclusion
- Works well under pressure to meet tight timelines without compromising accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills, able to present complex analytics to key stakeholders
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills with experience at creating a story behind the numbers
- Ability to comprehensively understand master data, transactional and analytical data hierarchies, sources and relationships
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Capable of analyzing and resolving complex questions related to financial performance
- Ability to think outside the box in relation to process improvement and data integrity
- Experiences in project management and ability to work with different teams to achieve the expected outcome
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable dealing with all levels of management and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders
- Highly proactive and action oriented with a willingness to drive improvements and change
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Good understanding of business processes
Education & Qualifications
- University Degree required
- Professional Accounting experience required
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in forecasting/financial/market analysis required, preferably in the Medical Device industry
- Knowledge of JDE, COGNOS, PowerBI, Salesforce.com (CRM) or equivalent systems preferred
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com