Regional Legal Counsel - Poland
What you will do :
- Provide timely, solution-oriented and practical advice and counsel to all clients and business of Stryker Poland.
- Active member and influencer of the Stryker Poland Leadership Team. Effectively communicate and collaborate with various COEs including Litigation, Intellectual Property, Employment and Labor, Privacy, Global Technology, Regulatory, amongst many others.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all legal and compliance colleagues across the Globe.
- Assist and support Stryker’s compliance programs and work closely with the Compliance Officer, Poland, including serving as a member of the SA Compliance Committee.
- Develop strong relationships throughout areas of responsibility to foster an advisory or collaborative approach.
- Serve as the lead legal contact for major projects across EEMEA such as the GX Program, ICM, Data Privacy and the like.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the external legal counsel budget for Stryker Poland.
- Provide counsel and advice in acquisition & integration activities and support the implementation of integration strategies.
- Involvement in complex commercial agreements and negotiations to ensure the legal rights of Stryker are protected.
- Review tender agreements to ensure legal and compliance issues are addressed.
- Provide advice on employment related issues where there is an issue to assess and/or when external legal advice may be required.
- Provide counsel and guidance in navigating local laws and regulations that directly and indirectly impact the business.
- Review and/or draft Distribution Agreements and manage a vast network of Distributors / Agents from legal perspective.
- Provide counsel and advice for the termination of distributors, agents, and other third parties, including negotiation and drafting of termination and settlement agreements.
- Draft and implement appropriate agreements for HCP consultancies, research, sponsorship and fellowships and ensure that appropriate compliance principles are included and that compliance standard operating procedures are followed.
- Monitor legal developments across the region, provide updates to the various stakeholders and take such action to address such developments internally.
- Advise the business on laws, regulations, and Stryker policies with strong knowledge of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the MedTech Europe Code of Ethics, and MECOMED Code of Ethics.
- Initiate, develop and provide in-house training and education. Instruct external counsel in cases of litigation and monitor as appropriate.
- Follow, implement, develop and improve internal processes.
- Actively participate in the projects and work undertaken by the International Global Legal team.
What you need :
- Degree holder in Law and admitted to practice in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in similar position
- Fluency in English & Polish
- Experience gained within a complex Multinational company and/or a reputable law firm.
- Experience in a regulated industry required, pharmaceuticals / medical device preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with large groups of people.
- Ability to feel comfortable in ambiguous and volatile situations..
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com