Claims Specialist in Logistics
Claims Specialist in Logistics
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals, natural gas, electrical power, and CO2.
This particular role will be supporting the Trading and Supply business.
The key to becoming a successful Claims Specialist is to minimize the impact of cost claims and maximize the recovery of pursued claims.
We are looking for highly motivated people that are results-driven, work resiliently under pressure, and can demonstrate a passion for getting the best deal for Shell.
Commerciality, curiosity, attention to detail, and problems all come naturally to our ideal candidate.
If you have a track record proving that you are a quick learner, a good communicator, and strong at building relationships with your stakeholders - then we are looking for you.
In our team, you will:
- Investigate the events of crude oil (or related products) claims and check the contractual agreement around costs.
- Prepare product quantity, quality, and freight claims with third parties and stakeholders to maximize income while reducing costs paid out to prevent exposure for Shell.
- Ensure timely recovery of claims and correct reflection of financial implications in trading systems.
- Co-operate with global stakeholders (such as Oil Traders, Commercial Operators, Inspection companies, Legal team, Product Quality team, etc).
- Negotiate claims to deliver value and retain profit.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports and trend analyses.
- Manage and monitor the sanctions process according to Compliance requirements.
- Actively seek Continuous Improvement opportunities to save time and money and enable you to effectively shape your work.
- Take responsibility for safety, compliance, and audit readiness.
- University Degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to working with global stakeholders and counterparties via remote communication.
- Evidence of ability to identify the root cause of problems and generate/support creative solutions to those problems.
- Inquiring and strong analytical skills to understand every detail of an Oil deal, its execution, and the technicalities around the operation.
- Microsoft Excel skills at medium level.
- Ability to read and interpret legal language would be an asset.
- Experience in the industry, particularly in Marine/Terminal Operations, Oil Loss Claims, Quality claims, Refinery and Terminal Logistics, and/or Trading Contracts would be an advantage.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell