Associate Buyer, Direct Spine, Global Procurement Centre (French Speaking)
Why Join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Associate Buyer is the primary facilitator for procurement activities for their assigned portfolio, ensuring optimal customer service. Daily interactions with suppliers are a must to guarantee the correct quantity of finished goods or materials are procured. This role also involves adjusting procurement plans based on supply planning and production scheduling reviews. The Associate Buyer collaborates closely with Supply Planners, Production Schedulers, Sourcing Customer Service, Incoming Inspection, and Accounts Payable teams.
- Maintain master data set up in the transactional systems, including e.g. but not limited to: supplier lead time, lot size. buyer purchasing group.
- Communicate forecast requirements to suppliers basing on information from production schedulers and supply planning.
- Ensure all POs are placed accordingly to the rules and execute Order Confirmation from supplier.
- Act as the first line of contact for suppliers and provide information based on the current supply net requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to support Stryker initiatives and support activities to improve business processes.
- Prepare reports.
- Represent purchasing function during meetings.
- Raise ideas for improvements.
- Ensure very good communication with supply planning, production schedulers and customers service when delivery issues may appear.
- Review of back order and safety stock health in order to manage deliveries from suppliers
- Point of contact for Accounts Payable for invoice resolution: price mismatch, quantity mismatch etc.
- Other activities indicated by supervisor
- Bachelor degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain Management.
- Entry level Graduate may be considered for role.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Second language may be required, depending on supplier base.
- Good knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Teams
- Team worker
- Experience with ERP systems i.e. SAP, Oracle, JDE, AS400.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook & TEAMS.
- Previous experience in supplier relationship management.
- Previous experience in medical device or other regulated industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to build relationships across multiple functions and levels both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies & cost reduction methodologies.
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading tech companies who are continuously awarded one of the worlds best places to work. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes:
Bonuses, commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com