Buyer, Global Procurement Center
Why Join Stryker? We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Building upon the skills developed in the Associate Buyer role, the Buyer plays a more proactive role in managing supply chain risks and identifying areas for improvement. The buyer maintains regular communication with suppliers to ensure adequate procurement of goods and materials, while actively identifying and managing potential risks and bottlenecks in the supply chain. This role requires a more refined eye for the broader implications of supply chain dynamics and a dedication to finding creative solutions to streamline processes. The Buyer works in tandem with Supply Planners, Production Schedulers, Sourcing Customer Service, Incoming Inspection, and Accounts Payable teams.
- Maintain master data set up in the transactional systems, including e.g., but not limited to supplier lead time, lot size and buyer purchasing group.
- Communicate forecast requirements to suppliers based on information from production schedulers and supply planning.
- Ensure all POs are placed according to the rules and execute Order Confirmation from supplier.
- Act as the first line of contact with suppliers and provide information based on the current supply requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to support Stryker initiatives and support activities to improve business processes.
- Prepare reports.
- Represent purchasing function at meetings.
- Identify gaps and opportunities and drive improvement activities to close them.
- Involvement in projects.
- Review of back order and safety stock health to manage deliveries from suppliers.
- Point of contact for Accounts Payable Tean for invoice resolution: price mismatch, quantity mismatch etc.
- Other activities indicated by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Purchasing, Procurement, or Manufacturing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. A second language may be required, depending on the supplier base.
- Good knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Teams.
- Team worker.
- Experience with ERP systems ie SAP, Oracle, JDE.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Previous experience in supplier relationship management.
- Previous experience in medical devices or other regulated industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to build relationships across multiple functions and levels both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies & cost reduction methodologies.
- Knowledge of suppliers
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading tech companies who are continuously awarded one of the worlds best places to work. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes:
Bonuses, commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com